From:
Scott Detweiler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 01:35:06 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

>hello, my sister is expecting her first child next month.  she has asked
>for music recommendations for babies.  Are those "mozart for babies" CDs
>any good? I'd appreciate any advice/recommendations.  thanks.

I recommend the "Miraculous Mandarin", by Bartok, and "Belshazzar's Feast",
by Walton.  I pumped that into my son's mom's womb continuously, via a
walkman and headphones, for most of the gestation.  He is 9 years old now
and is a brilliant pianist and appreciates a wide range of music.  Your
child can hear Mozart in any doctor's office or elevator.

Scott Detweiler
Composer