From:
David Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 11:08:17 +0100
Nate DeMaria wanted some more Brahms:

Serenades.  I have Tilson-Thomas who does a good job.  There is probably
better though.

Overtures & Haydn (St Anthony) variations, which you probably have.  If
you can read music, get the score for the HV.  It is a treasure trove of
little contupuntal devices (I have been told off for using contrupuntal
in the wrong sense - so what I mean is e.g.  In first variation, whole
orchestra is kind of inverted, so you are essentially always hearing the
same material but because it is in different parts it brings different
things to light).

GERMAN REQUIEM GERMAN REQUIEM GERMAN REQUIEM
- what is the feeling about the EMI Norrington recording which I have?

but apart from that, I need some recommendations too.

David Stewart