From:
Lavrenti Vachnadze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:40:29 -0400
Steven Schwartz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Well, I've heard the Dohnanyi, the Solti, the Reiner, the Ormandy, the
>Szell, the Boulez (NY Phil and Chicago), the Bernstein (NY Phil)

I see Dohnanyi is not going to get any vote.  But the disc is coupled with
a fine Lutoslawski Concerto for Orchestra!!!  (or you would rather go for
the Ozawa LP for this piece?)

All the above are great (Bernstein is unique though).  But maybe the
"recommended list" should be updated with Fricsay (a very detailed and
sensitive redition)? or the 2 Kubeliks (EMI & DG)?

Vachnadze