From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:55:27 PST
Satoshi Akima wrote:

>...but it's nice to get a different view on things sometimes, especially
>when Mozart has become such a sacred cow that we are not allowed to listen
>critically any longer.

I assume that Satoshi's comment is not to be taken literally, but that it
is politically incorrect to be critical of Mozart's music.  That might be
true, but the fact remains that any person may be critical of Mozart and
not lose his/her friends, job, or family.  And, each of us is free to be
as critical as we want when listening to a composition.

Bob Draper and other list members have provided much criticism of Mozart;
nothing bad has happened to them (to my knowledge).

Don Satz