From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 22:32:09 -0700
David Stewart wrote:

>But to the main question I wanted to ask: Boulanger.  Had never heard of
>him (or her?) before tonight.  It was suggested (by me) that this person
>was an impressionist.  ...

Unless the world is a little different than I thought Lili (for that is
the name of the Boulanger referred to) is a girl's name.  This was music
by Lili Boulanger, younger and lesser-known sister of the legendary Nadia.
The works played at that prom concert were:

Psalm 24
Psalm 130 "Du Fond de l'Abime"

I had heard of Lili but never heard her music.  Interesting but not
world-shattering discoveries, I thought.  Just the kind of thing that
the BBC Proms is good at, though.

Tony Duggan
Staffordshire,
United Kingdom.