From:
Ed Zubrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 08:35:23 -0400
Alex wrote:

>As Berio is a favorite of mine and I haven't heard Sequenza XII I'll be
>listening.

If Berio is a favorite of yours I owuld strongly urge you to beg, borrow
or steal (well not steal) the money needed to get the complete recording
on DG 457-038 by the Ensemble Intercontemporain.  Knowing nothing about it,
but with great respect for some on MCML who said it was an outstandning
recording, I invested.  I am glad I did.  It is an awesome recording:
very original and very beautiful.  The cumulative effect of the sequenzas
in sequence, so to say, is far stronger than that of individual ones in
isolation.

It's expensive.  But try it.  I think you will love it.

Ed