From:
Marguerite Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:26:52 -0400
Hello - I have searched the archives for this list and the Web for an
answer to this question, but have never found one, so I'm hoping the folks
on the CLASSICAL list can help.

I am searching for a particular version of Barber's Adagio for Strings that
I originally heard a few years ago.  It was a vocal version that I found
particularly moving, and I'd like to buy the CD. Please note carefully,
though: It was NOT _Agnus Dei Dei_, because there were no words.  Just
voices.

If anyone has heard this version (or heard of it) and can pass along any
information, I'd really appreciate it.  However, please don't just email
me and say 'Well, it was choral, so it has to have been the _Agnus Dei_
version.' I've been looking for this off and on for over three years,
and am looking specifically for a *lyricless* vocal recording - there
are tonnes of wonderful _Agnus Dei_ recordings out there already!

Thank you again, and I look forward to any responses.

Regards,
Marguerite Smith