From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:26:20 +1100
Rick Mabry:

>I've seen some names on this list (albeit very few) of examples in this
>century.  (Wait, I mean LAST century.) But what about pre-1900?  Or
>even the early 20th century?

In no particular order or implication of completeness, with music I know
to be on CD:

Cecile Chaminade, lots of little piano pieces.
Clara Schumann, nee Wieck, wife of Robert, piano music and a concerto.
Amy Beach, symphony, piano concerto.
Louise Farrenc, symphonies.
Fanny Mendelssohn, sister of Felix, piano trio, overture.
Germaine Tailleferre, member of Les Six, harp concertino.
Lili Boulanger, sister of Nadia, choral works inc Du fond de l'abime.
Ethel Smyth, mass, concerto for violin and horn, afaik unrelated to John
of that name and of the list.

Richard Pennycuick