From:
Arri Bachrach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:50:06 -0500
Scott Peterson wrote:

>>> So why should NPR concentrate on classical music when most who listen
>>> are not musically inclined??
>
>Steve Schwartz replied:
>
>>The only answer to this is several more questions, among which is why
>>should I donate to public radio?
>
>Perhaps you shouldn't.  Maybe if everyone who listens to public radio
>for the classical music stopped donating for a certain period of time--say,
>a quarter or half the fiscal year--and explained why, the stations would
>get the message and start programming more classical again.  Or maybe
>they'd find they can get by just fine without classical.

exactly....... that is what I did.. After at least 15 years I stopped
donating and have no intentions of donating again until they increase
the classical music broadcasts, (which I doubt will ever happen) The
vast majority of people, well educated or not are not interested in
classical music.........  I dont think this issue is any more complicated
that.

AB