From:
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 07:11:34 -0700
Ulvi Yurtsever <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Two questions:
>
>- The Kertesz recording (Decca) seems to be no longer available.  Is it
>really OOP or am I just having a hard time locating it?
>
>- There is an available version by Ancerl on DG (recording from the 60s).
>Does anyone know this and how it compares with the Kertesz?

I have never heard the Kertesz but I have the Ancerl and it is absolutely
wonderful.  FWIW I think that this is THE great underrated Requiem that
nobody seems to perform for some reason.  I was won over by this piece when
I heard Libor Pesek perform it several years ago.

FWIW there is another DG double disk out there that you might also like
that gives you Dvorak's Stabat Mater and Kubelik's recording of the
Glagolitic Mass.

Steve M. (Northern Virginia)