From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:22:57 PDT
This time it's at Carnagie Hall.  I thoroughly looked through my
Albuquerque phonebook and New Mexico road map - the hall must be
out-of-state.

Volodos plays some works of 4 or 5 composers, including liszt.  I'm usually
suspect of performers who like to throw Liszt in for good measure.  Many of
you have had suspicions lately (mostly about HIP stuff); I'm entitled.

Is Arcadi ever going to record a cd of music devoted to one composer? Heck,
I can live with two; there's a compromise.  I have a theory that he quickly
tires of playing just one composer; I also have the suspicion that when he
does get around to recording just one composer, it's gonna be Liszt.

I really would like to hear the man play, but I don't care for these cameo
discs, especially when one or more of the composers are not compatible with
me.  Seems to me that since I'm grooving on Bach keyboard works lately,
Volodos could do me the pleasure of recording Bach - anything by Bach.

Always thinking of the other guy,

Don Satz