From:
Robert Lyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 23:55:52 -0400
I buy my classical CDs at a city about 75 mi.  from home, or over the
internet.  The local stores stock almost nothing classical, and what they
do stock tend to be either (very limited) standard stuff, or the latest
fad (the three tenors, Andre Reiu, etc.).  One issue with internet shopping
is checks.  Some sites will only take credit cards.  Since I don't have
any, I can't shop there.  The best site I have found is Amazon.  They take
checks and their listings are very well laid out and easily decipherible.
CDnow has a better selection (I think), and they take checks, but
negotiating their sit is like doing your taxes.  Tower Records has the
best selection of all, and the best prices, but they don't take checks.

Good luck,

Bob Lyman
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Workshop/7610/
http://www.artists-in-residence.com/users/radiance/