From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 12:06:31 -0700
Bill(y) Kitson reports:

>From the London Daily Telegraph Sunday:- The world's most successful living
>composer is Furious with the Vatican after being told to shorten by 15
>Minutes a score he is writing for the Millennium!!!  The rest of the
>article I will only print if requested?!*

A real head-scratcher.  I want so badly to ask who exactly according to the
Telegraph is the 'world's most successful living composer.' But I feel it
might be more fun to guess.  Anybody up for it? Is "Wolfie" a clue? Or will
I get my answer before I read my own post? A puzzlement...

Who could be taking orders from the Vatican anyhow? Probably not
an American, I'm guessing.  Somebody English? Didn't they break with
Catholocism over there a coupla hundred years ago? Henry the something'th?
Divorce? Buncha wives?

OK, OK.  My guess, FWIW: Tavener.

I Shudder to Think.

Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>