From:
Drew Capuder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:22:36 -0500
I wrote:

>>I've been watching some of the Bach Cantatas conducted by Ton Koopman
>>on the Ovation channel.  Does anyone know how many cantata performances
>>Koopman filmed, and where they might be available?  ...

And Scott Morrison replied:

>The only Ton Koopman DVD I find listed at Amazon.com is one in which
>only one cantata appears (along with primarily an organ/harpsichord
>collection of Koopman playing fabulously), and it's the solo cantata
>'Ich habe genug,' with bass Klaus Mertens singing.  ('Schlummert ein'
>is done well.) I reviewed this DVD here:
>   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002TNGVY/classicalnetA/

Scott, thanks very much for your note. I had also found the Koopman DVD on
Amazon, but your fine review provides for the first time detailed info on
the contents. And I'll go ahead and order the DVD the next time I place an
Amazon order. I've been on a Bach listening binge lately, and there are a
number of Bach DVDs that look interesting.

Drew Capuder