From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:15:34 PDT
As part of organizing my collection, I'm setting up three sections, each
one in alphabetical order by composer.  The 1st section contains my newest
and my favorite recordings.  Section 2 contains my "reliable" recordings -
bound to please.  Section 3 contains recordings I have not listened to for
a long time and might not want to keep permanently.  So far, this process
is working great.

I had mentioned that I lost my papers of what discs were in each storage
drawer and on each shelf.  Out of the blue, they showed up in one of the
drawers.  Now, I'm putting the list in my computer.

Overall, I would think that each person needs to arrange based on one's
personality and mode of operation.  A good system for one individual could
be a nightmare for another.

The "collections" issue is simple.  I start with solo/early music and work
up to the present time; then it's chamber, orchestral, and vocal.

Don Satz