From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:23:30 -0600
Mimi Ezust wrote:

>Sometimes particular melodies or specific performances will grab me
>(Rachmaninoff symphonic dances has a movement that I needed to listen
>to for weeks!

Which reminds me of a friend of mine who has tried to collect every
recording of that work.  I managed to find a Stokowski broadcast and a
friend of mine turned up a copy of what might be the oldest surviving
broadcast of the piece, Rodzinsky with Cleveland.

Besides be addicted to Rachmanioff's music, I have been curious about
the differing versions of the work, as it seems some performances have
somewhat different endings...not just the use of the lingering tam tam...

Karl