From:
Ed Zubrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:19:29 -0400
Don Satz writes:

>Up till about 2 years ago, I could boast that I had never bought the
>same recording twice.  But, I've lost my keen memory twice since then.
>The most recent time, I bought one of Mozart's operas from Norrington which
>had been reduced in price.  About a month later, I noticed that I had the
>original/premium priced issue also.  How's that for supporting the record
>companies? And the set isn't all that good either.

Just curious: was it Don Giovanni? The Norrington Don Giovanni was
the first opera I ever bought.  I bought it on the recommendation of a
salesperson.  I've never liked it that much, and would welcome suggestions
regarding other versions.  Luckily for me (though sadly for my pocketbook)
this first experience did not warn me off of purchasing operas--nor from
listening to the advice of salespeople.

Ed