From:
William Strother <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:21:58 -0800
How many of you have ever heard the Schubert C-major in its entirety with
ALL the repeats? How long did you stay awake?? [No problem staying awake -
I like this music.  I also strongly prefer it in the unabridged version.
-Dave]

Some repeats are enjoyable.  But I'm afraid Schubert's insecurities show
sometimes.

Don't be too outraged.  He was still very young when he died.  I love him,
perhaps more than any other composer.  But I love him as one does a sweet
child.  Mozart is an unbelievable human, and Beethoven is a giant.

Bill S