From:
Barbara Tan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:50:22 -0700
Although there has been much discussion about the cover of her debut as
a conductor, I have not read of any reviews of it.  I am also wondering
if it is available in the States.  I have checked CDNow and Tower online,
and have not found it.  I went to my local Tower and did not find her
conducting version of Vivaldi's Four Seasons in the bins, assuming it
was a new release.  Can more information such as the label (DG?) issue
year, catalog number be given to me? Is there a site I can find the CD
on.  Many will provided a picture of the cover as well as detail on the
contents.  Looking for it, raises some wider questions.  Of the many modern
recordings, are there recommendations from the group for Vivaldi's Four
Seasons, either on modern or period instrumentation? What do you think is
behind the trend of artists leaving their instruments and going into
conducting, often without the acclaim of their years as soloists?

Barbara
LA Metro

 [The information was given in the original message, easily loacated in
 the list archives.  It took less than one minute to go to a retail site
 (I think I went to CD Universe) and look it up.  I doubt most of the
 posters in this thread have bothered to look at the cover in question.
 -Dave]