From:
Len Fehskens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 10:55:33 -0400
I recently visited a friend in Paris and learned that while she is no
novice with respect to classical music in general, she is completely
unaware of the French organ music repertoire.  I've looked unsuccessfully
around the web for a sampler of the "greatest hits" of this repertoire:
Widor's Toccata from the Symphony No. 5, Vierne's Finale from the Symphony
No. 1, Vierne's Westminter Carillon, Franck's Piece Heroique, Alain's
Litanies, and other works by Gigout, Dupre, Durufle, Jongen, etc..  I
believe there was once a CBS LP by E.  Power Biggs titled "A Festival of
French Organ Music" that compiled several of these pieces, but it seems to
be out of print on CD.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

len.