From:
Stuart Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 08:24:32 +1300
Greetings from New Zealand.  I note from the Gramophone site that warner
is to cease producing Classical CDs.  Not good news for Classical Music
Fans.  The plus side is perhaps Naxos might pick up some of their artists.
Perhaps there does need to be some rationalisation in the industry.  I`d
be interested in what members of the list think.  It means of course that
Telefunken`s catalogue may disappear.I guessed that when they rationalised
their classical operations 6 months ago, this may happen.  The smaller
labels may benefit.

Regards
Stuart Sinclair