From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2015 20:31:35 -0600
Does anyone know if this situation persists, or is there now a program for
routine testing of all soils treated with pesticides/fungicides/fertilizers
for large-scale agriculture?

You were in luck,  Tonight I had class (I teach Martial arts) and 3 of my
students are licensed applicators.  At the moment none of them are aware of
soil testing done on a regular plan,  but the state (IL) monitors water
runoff at several sites.

We also take most of our city water from these creeks and streams which are
tested on a very regular basis per the guidelines linked.

As I am not a chemist I can't answer the full question... only provide the
attached link.

http://www.epa.state.il.us/water/water-quality-standards/water-quality-crite
ria-list.pdf

After looking a bit closer at the list of superfund sites though,  I am
quite puzzled at how we arrived at the conclusion many were AG?  Looks to me
like a lot of dumps, and chemical factories.

Charles