From:
Tom Akin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:51:25 -0500
Has anyone tasted honey with a bitter edge to it?  I harvested our four
hives here at the Arnold Arboretum in late June, and then again in very
early September.  The June crop was wonderful, probably due to all of our
Lindens; however, the September crop has an edge to it.  The bees were all
over the hollies, golden rain trees and chinese sumacs; none of these are
in the ericaceous family (rhododendron, mountain laurel, etc), but I am
confused as to where the edge is coming from.  Any help would be most
appreciated.

Tom Akin
Thomas J. Akin
Internship Coordinator/Ass't Superintendent of Grounds
Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University

tel 617-524-1718 x112
fax 617-524-1418

Visit our web site at http://arboretum.harvard.edu/LC/LC080.HTM