From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2015 06:27:58 -0400
a snip...
'Is that good for the bees?  Mild, bees flying, but no forage!  Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.'

> So my other question concerning resources seems to be that there are no resources in the area that would particularly attract a commercial bee concern?  I would suggest that this does not mean in the modern context of beekeeping that the area would not be suitable for over wintering bees and getting them ready for the almonds.  Matter of fact by the above description and in the context of where by honeybees are basically treated like feedlot animals the area would sound ideal for preparing bees for almond pollination.  Casually it also sounds to like 'other places' in the great southwest would be more suitable or desirable.

Although I may be 'painting with a broad brush' or leaning a bit heavily on 'stero typing' (something I suspect all here do from time to time??) I would suggest the socio economic/ethnic background of a community does invariable play a role in whether this sort of legal prohibition ever see the light of day.  I would also GUESS that it might face some legal question in regards to interstate trade and by and large that if the legal prohibition is intended to protect NON NATIVE and native species from pathogen and disease that this effort is doomed to eventually fail.  I guess my question would be....  with this ban can ALL importation of any kind of honeybee actually be totally stopped?