From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 07:03:31 -0700
I can't make any claims personally if local honey really helps with allergies, but a plethora of my regular customers swear by it and return for more because they KNOW it works.

Placebo effect?  Maybe.  If this is the case, then the persuasive power of this suggestion is immense.

I'm thinking people develop mild allergies to wind-blown pollen right now, get my honey, and after two weeks of local honey consumption (coincidently when the blooms of this particular allegen fade) they get better.  I also try to inform my customers that bees don't visit grass so if this is what makes them sneeze, then it's not likely my honey will help.

Same goes for those allergic to cat hair, but most of these customers also are unable to identify what they are allergic to.  For all I know it may be their laundry detergent.  For all they know, or want to know, local honey is the answer and based on their own experience, they come back for more.

Several customers also swear by a little honey with a little apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water helps with arthritis.  They say they KNOW when they miss their daily honey dose.

I'm a capitalist, not a doctor, so I sell them my honey without further claims on my part.  The hard part is when someone wants local honey from the field closest to their house thinking the plant varieties ten miles away are going to be different.  In some cases they are, but for the most part, no.

Grant
Jackson, MO