From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:57:34 -0500
I'll go out on a limb and take a stab at this. A quick search returned, "As
of September 2015, honey cannot be certified organic by the USDA. Any
certified honey sold in the United States is imported from other countries
and certified organic by that country. A US beekeeper can have
non-certified organic honey that is raised organically, but it is nearly
impossible to produce." I don't think things have changed since 2015.

"Organic Honey" as is "Raw Honey" are commonly used terms for which there
are no "official" USDA definitions. The consuming public has a general idea
what the terms imply, but there is no "official" definition of the terms.
USDA and the two big national groups (ABF and AHPA) have not been able to
reach a consensus to define the terms. If you want the whole story look
into the attempts to adopt a "Standard of Identity" for honey.

The closest one will come to an official definition of organic honey comes
from CNG (Certified Naturally Grown).
https://certified.naturallygrown.org/programs/apiary-standards or
http://tinyurl.com/y7k3ayuw . The defined standards IMO set the bar so high
the goal is unachievable. The killer clause is the requirement that the
entire forage range of the hive must be certified organic.

So claims of "Organic Honey" is almost certainly a lie. A lie that is eaten
up by the consuming public and ignored by the USDA. Legal action would be
"iffy" at best. Lawyers will make the money, the plaintiff would be hard
pressed to make up costs in damages. When I see the claim, I judge the
claimer as a shyster, take my blood pressure medication, and move on.

Aaron Morris - raw, but not certified!