From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2010 17:49:13 -0400
More misinformation, this in the NY Times:

They write:
> A fungus tag-teaming with a virus have apparently interacted to cause the problem

and then later they say:
>  nor is it clear, [Jerry Bromenshenk] added, whether one malady weakens the bees enough to be finished off by the second, or whether they somehow compound the other’s destructive power.

"They’re co-factors, that’s all we can say at the moment," he said. "They’re both present in all these collapsed colonies."

In other words, they are found together. Like shoes and socks on feet. I doubt the socks are causing the sore feet; it's probably the shoes, but it could be the combination! They could be tag-teaming!

PLB