Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:15:22 -0400
> Here is a formula used by a beek who claims good success:

Thanks, Cam.

Randy,

In my search for what the formula might be, your website came up often. One
point you made was the continuous repetition of a formula that seemed to
have a life of its own. You tried it and found it wanting. You were going to
increase the concentration 3x to see what happened and wonder if you did.

So far, per one quart/liter of syrup, the range has been from less than a
drop to 16 drops.

When I tried reverse engineering the ppb that was in the study, it came out
to about 15 if the thymol was 1m ppb. If not, and it was the oregano, then
thymol was down in the 6 or less drops as noted in Cam's post.

You also have to wonder what the concentration of the drops was, since the
most concentrated is about 70% (so it can dissolve in alcohol- as you
noted).

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine