From:
peter dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 00:17:18 +0000
Whilst having a quiet moment I started to wonder about Queen development in Queen cells and why they
were produced near to the vertical in relation to gravity. - any comments?
Moving on I started wondering why if worker brood/ drone brood are able to develop in a normal way
whilst in the horizontal position, is it damaging for developing queens to be in this plane.
Again any thoughts?

As far as I am aware it is only possible to transport "ripe" queen cells without having to ensure
against shock and movement from the "vertical"

Peter

To be found resting between Tours and Limoges
and 50 km to the east of Poitiers. France.