Date:
Tue, 29 May 2012 01:00:30 -0400
>roundup. i have for years found hundreds of dead bee's out side my hives and
>have since moved them when farmers were appling roundup. i for one believe
>it kills bees, as far as ccd, not sure

The different and sometimes seemingly conflicting reports here are are always interesting.

This one caused me to look up Roundup at Wikipedia.  I found, among other things, this at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundup_(herbicide)#cite_note-5

>The main active ingredient of Roundup is the isopropylamine salt of glyphosate. Another important ingredient of Roundup is the surfactant POEA (polyethoxylated tallow amine), which is known for its toxicity in wildlife.[6] It increases herbicide penetration in plant[7] and animal[8][9] cells.

So, I looked up polyethoxylated tallow amine and found this at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyethoxylated_tallow_amine

> Polyethoxylated tallow amine (POEA) is a surfactant that enhances the activity of herbicides. It improves the solubility of many common herbicides in organic solvents[1], increasing their penetration of the waxy surfaces of plants. It may also interfere with the function of tadpole gills[2][citation needed]. This surfactant is not regulated under environmental laws because it is not considered an active ingredient in the herbicide.

I think the difference between reports is partly that most beekeeper uses are small spot applications and not directly on the bees.  On the other hand, the farm applications are often be to entire fields, spraying everything under the booms.
Since I don't think there is a time of day restriction and the sun is well up by the time the dew has dissipated and the sprayer is ready to go, chances are bees are on the weeds being sprayed, meaning they are well sprayed, too.

Hmmmm.