From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2010 22:25:40 -0500
  Monsanto to Cut Prices on Their Genetically Modified Crops

  Is HFCS made from GMO corn??

  The above was sent to me by a beekeeper asking if HFCS was made from GMO corn.

  I post only to show many people feel big ag needs reined in. Of the 50 some comments only one was in defense of Monsanto and his opinion was that the facts presented by the New York Times was a lie.

  I know first hand round up is failing and the formula keeps changing to regain herbicide control. Many farmers are unhappy with GMO corn..

  Yes HFCS is made in the U.S. from GMO corn.

  many on the list have no problem with Monsanto or GMO corn which is fine with me but ignoring documented illegal practices should raise eyebrows at least.

  I think the point needed made is farmers are stuck with GMO products now thanks to our regulators. No going back now.

  *If* the benefits Monsanto claimed would be had from GMO are not being had then where do we go from here?

  I do not see GMO as a threat to bees as some of the comments suggest but what if problems are found such as health or with bees in the future?

  GMO seed has taken over and contaminated all corn seed plus other crops.

  I guess only deep thinkers ponder these issues.

  bob