From:
"James C. King" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:16:37 -0500
Greetings:

I am currently using two electric fences to protect bees from bear damage
at two remote location.  These are standard set-ups using a 12 volt auto
battery and Parmak fencers. Because bears are nocturnal, I would like to
have either a timer or photocell turn these units on and off at dusk and
daylight to increase the time the battery operates before requiring
recharging.  Of course, these devices would have to operate on 12 volts and
hopefully be reasonably priced.  Can anyone help?

Ideas I checked include: 1.  The photocell controller in the power pak used
for low voltage outdoor lighting - the photocell is on the 120 volt side of
the unit.  2.  GM vehicles have a photocell which turns headlights on when
car is started and it's dark - one cannot buy just the photocell.  One must
purchase a wiring kit + photocell for about $35.

Thanks, Jim King, Riegelville, PA