From:
Rich Pelikan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1992 08:05:41 CST
>        Can I get away with just vertical (pre-wired) foundation and
>        clips on the side for my brood frames?  Will (as some have
>        warned) I suffer from sagging comb unless I cross-wire?

Hi Jeff
My grandfather never used wired frame. He would put the frames in with
the foundation wax tacked to the frame. The harvest then consisted of
simply running a knife around the inside of the frame and chunking the
comb. So the question you have to answer is how you want to harvest.     860 279
Spun or chunk.                                                           353-279
On the brood frame you can also either. My preferance is to use vertical 924 220
and horizontal wire, because when exchaning old brood with new
foundation I spin the honey from the outside brood frames and move
frames around placing the replacement in the middleof the box.

Richard A. Pelikan, A275CCR
Southeast Missouri State University
BITNET:    A275CCR@SEMOVM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]