From:
Ross L Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 13:12:03 EDT
Hello everyone,
        I am in my first year as a beekeeper.  Of course I have received
many warnings about varroa mites and the inevitable destruction of the
hives occupants.
I am told that apistan strips are the official treatment and all others
are undocumented.  A friend in our local beekeeping association has
suggested essential oils as good alternative to chemical compounds.  In
fact information has been released saying chemical manufacturers are
already working to develope the successor to apistan because varroa are
becoming resistant to apistan.
I would certainly enjoy hearing what your opinions are about this matter,
especially those with much experience which I lack.  Thank you for your
help.

Ross L Anderson
New Washington, Ohio