From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 07:02:35 -0400
It sounds to me like I can't prove they (neonics) do any harm so instead
I'll look at the "big picture" and blame all harm I can find on them.

<how multiple factors across social, historical and ecological contexts
interact to influence ongoing patterns of honey bee health>

I read this as try to pinpoint what was different each time there has been
major honey bee health issues and blame that without causal relationship
established.  I.e. neonics are newish, and CCD is newish (ya I know that
statement us fraught with problems, but so is this approach) so they must
cause each other

<would involve humanistic researchers versed in analyzing the complicated
interplay between cultural norms, governmental policies, and fact and
artifacts in scientific and non-scientific fields>

Humanism: shamelessly stolen from wikipedia.

*"Humanism* is a group of
philosophies<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy>and
ethical <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics> perspectives which emphasize
the value and agency of human beings <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human>,
individually and collectively, and generally prefers individual thought and
evidence (rationalism <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationalism>,
empiricism<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empiricism>),
over established doctrine or faith
(fideism<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fideism>
)."

I read this as a set of individuals (probably trained and directed by
me) that can ignore established science to draw conclusions indepdnent of
current research, pulling evidence willy nilly from wherever they choose
(as long as it agrees with me)

Maybe I'm completely off base, it's been awhile since I've had a class in
obfuscation.

Thanks for the "enlightening" read

Jeremy
West Michigan