Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2018 11:17:21 -0400
> Not to mention a potentially unsafe and dangerous application method.

Even more fun is to visit the websites that promote it, Lots on Beesource.

The mixes include but are not limited to alcohol (various), glycerine (if
it works in a pad with OA it must work in a vaporizer- twice the benefit),
mineral oil (it never dies- good old FGMO), and water.

The application amounts also vary and it is even more fun is to watch
YouTube videos of demonstrations. The speaker says, "three sprits per
deep", and then commences to give as many as seven to a nuc! In the
comments section of one was "I lent mine to a friend and his hives died.I
felt really bad about that."

Most say to use a vapor mask, but I did not see any advocating a suit. At
our Annual Meeting a commercial beekeeper who has been using the commercial
fogger which I believe was the same as the Canadians use, had his people in
full hazmat gear. It was done early in the morning and the scene with all
the vapor in the air and them walking around in it was straight out of a
SiFi movie.

Which brings me to another question. If the commercial operators and
beekeepers in Canada and Europe use foggers, how do they differ from the
ones promoted on BeeSource?

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine