From:
Dave Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2015 07:16:52 -0500
Just read the following.

No one asks me the right question.  I have as many colonies this year as last.  However, I had to buy quite a few packages to keep up due to high winter kill.  To them, I didn't have a problem.  To my bottom line, I have a problem...Dave

iONiUM writes:
An article at the Globe and Mail claims that there is no longer any Honeybee crises, and that the deaths of the Honeybees previously was a one-off, or possibly non-cyclical occurrence (caused by neonics or nature — the debate is still out). The data used is that from Stats Canada which claims "the number of honeybee colonies is at a record high [in Canada]." Globally, the UN's Food and Agricultural Organization says that "worldwide bee populations have rebounded to a record high." The story reports: "I have great news for honey lovers everywhere. The Canadian honeybee industry is thriving. Despite those headlines about mass die-offs and and killer pesticides, the number of honeybee colonies is at a record high. Last year, according to Statistics Canada, nearly 700,000 honeybee colonies produced $200-million worth of honey. Bee survival rates have rebounded even in Ontario, which was hard hit by unusually high winter die-offs."