From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 07:16:47 +1000
> It could be that your 600lbs per hive beekeepers aren't keeping accurate
> enough records to do it.

Incorrect.  The records are accurate and I would challenge you to prove
differently.  As an example back about 1951, Tim Smith, who founded
Capilano, extracted 3,000 tins ( 60 pounds in a tin) from 300 hives.  That
is 10 tins per hive so is 600 pounds per hive.  Try telling Tim he didn't
keep accurate records.  So if you use a normal bell curve, then it stands to
reason that some hives would have produced a lot more per hive than the 600
pounds.

> I think one of the requirements to be listed is
> you only harvest the honey one time and keep the utmost detailed of
> records, but I don't really know, I am just supposing.

This is a new twist.  Extracted at one time?  Seems a bit suspicious to me.
It would be very easy to rig a result like this.  I could just add supers
and at the end of the seasone extract it.  I am talking about honey
extracted in a season.  If you look at the post it says ( and I have copied
it so this should be accurate) "I had one queen produce over 400 pounds in a
season".  Notice it says in a season, not in one harvest.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA