From:
"Emily M. Pruyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 16:11:19 -0400
I have two new hives in my back yard just outside of
Boston Ma; and this morning at 6am I see a black bear sitting
with my birdfeeder between his legs, scooping sunflower seeds
intohis mouth!!  He is sitting not 30 feet away from my hives.
I go outside and yell at him and he (she?) lumbers away.  But,
he will be back....I'm sure the seeds were delicious, and sooner
or later he'll notice the hives.  What should I do??  I can't sit
by them with a .22 all night long (besides discharging it in this
built up neighborhood is illegal).

Emily ---thinking if it ain't one thing, it's another!
Emily M. Pruyn