From:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2015 17:57:49 -0500
Hello fellow beekeepers I have been following this thread, queen
longevity in my breeder hives has been about three to four years I have
had some to last as long as 6 years she superseded in 2012. I currently
have one that is four years old and going on five. All my breeder stock
is clipped and marked the mark does go away but the clipped wing never
comes back. I do not think that it is because they are Russian but
because I do not use chemicals in my bees. One beekeeper mention that
the white line in the Russian queens released in 2000 superseded that is
true they were in constant supersede mode even in the winter that line
did not survive.

--
Harper's Honey Farm
Charles Harper