From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 06:08:05 EDT

[log in to unmask] writes:

I was  taught that darker honey tends to come from woody plants eg
> >  trees and
> > ericas and lighter ones from herbaceous  plants.

As an aside, the chap who told me that became a beekeeper when, keeping his
head down in a foxhole in Flanders in WW1, he noticed that the honeybees were
peaceably and busily working the flowers unconcerned by all the human
carnage.  He made his mind up then that if he survived he would take up beekeeping
for a  living. I think he made 93 and had a hive until the end.  His name was
Arthur Worth.

Chris