From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:10:06 +0100
Hi All

Chris has prompted me to show you the way the 'Taplab'... This is where
Francis and his team work, the name is a shortening of Taptonville and
laboratory and is used as a shorthand term for both the place itself and
the staff as a whole.

The main laboratory building is in the experimental botanical gardens
(Taptonville Rd., Broomhill, Sheffield, South Yorkshire)

A list of papers is available on...

http://lasi.group.shef.ac.uk/flwrpub.html

The anarchic behaviour, worker policing, dance language and many other
aspects of social insect life are studied in relentless detail, by a
very dedicated crew, who are listed at...

http://lasi.group.shef.ac.uk/who.html

The entrance to the Taplab is an un-impressive door in a garden wall,
but once inside you are in a haven for bees and plants.

Now, I really must work out a way to teach Chris how to use a search
engine so that he can find such gems for himself :-)

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)