From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2016 08:08:30 -0400
Years ago, I made the error of selling honey to a small chain of retail
gourmet food stores, which resulted in a request for a "Nutrition Panel"
that would list the amount of sodium and other silly things that don't apply
to honey.  The conversation with the buyer for the store went like this:

"So, you need a nutrition label and you need a list of ingredients, per 21
CFR Section 101.4..."

"The label says, 'HONEY', that should satisfy both requirements."

"But you have to tell us what is IN the honey."

"There's NOTHING in the honey but honey, to add something to honey is to
adulterate it."

"No, I mean tell what is within the honey itself, I understand you have not
added anything."

"You want me to tell people the constituents of honey?"

"Yes, that is a requirement now."

"OK, if you insist, we can change the label."

Thenceforth, all my labels said "Ingredients:  Sunshine, Flowers, Rain, and
Buzz".  There have been no complaints from regulators.  You are all welcome
to copy.