Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:41:51 EST
I'm also enjoying this discussion.

Allen said:
"So, what I am saying is that it may not be the feed, It may be  the
amount of associated disturbance."

Last year, Paul Nuggent, working with us, thermal imaged wintering hives
that we purposely disturbed.  The moment the hive was jostled or opened,
temp went up in the cluster.  And, it tended to remain up for several  hours,
which would also suggest that they'd have to increase their food  consumption
in order to generate the increased heat.

Jerry