Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2017 01:25:56 +0000
>>>  cutting communication holes in the outer most comb or going to a narrower but taller bee hive would have been a much more logical fix for the problem of winter time starvation.  A candy board would be the best kind of feed insurance but sadly here we also have ants which makes this a not so workable solution.
<><><> When combating starvation I'm wondering.  What about the idea of moving from a two box overwintering option to a three box overwintering option, moving the two outside frames of honey from each side of the original two box option into the center position in the third added box?  Thus each box would have six frames the bees have worked in the center of each box with perhaps two drawn, empty frames on each side of each of the three boxes.Mike in LA