From:
Stefan Stangaciu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 00:43:36 +0100
Garth Cambray wrote:

>In short - I would only put propolis on my skin, as a topical, and
>would never eat it unless I was sure where they were collecting the
>stuff. I would stick to eating things nature wanted me to eat, rather
>than stuff it produced to kill things that tried to eat it.

        Hi Garth,

    In your place I will be cautious with applying propolis even
externally...

    It may cause you a bad "contact dermatitis".

    Except the case of propolis allergies, were very tiny amounts of active
substances (like prenyl caffeate) can trigger a "bad" reaction, all other
medical uses of propolis falls under the general, well known rule of dosage.

    So, even if ones takes poison, included "Apistan", it will not die if
the dose is under the physiological body's control.

    Coming back to propolis, let's say that without it, more than sure many
from our bees on Earth wouldn't be here anymore.

    Propolis is "bad", "toxic" etc. for almost all microorganisms which
attacks the trees/plants and the bees themselves. Of course, it is not a
panacea.

    There are many other things to discuss on this topic, but I believe it's
enough for now.

    Kind regards,

    Stefan Stangaciu.

PS More info on the medical uses & research related to propolis, including
"Allergology", Toxicology" etc. you can find in:

        www.sci.fi/~apither