From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:48:49 -0700
>  Basically hive temperature of 95 degrees or so is a benchmark temperature for
>  honey.  This is the maximum natural sustained temperature for honey. >>
>
>    That's about what I figured. I had a lady insist on honey that had never
> been over 95 degrees. I told her she'd have to go to Alberta for it.  The
> honey in a top super here in the south of the USA, can easily be 110 on a
> sunny summer day.  My unheated/uncooled warehouse building can get hotter.

That's interesting.  I was under the impression that bees controlled the
temperatures in their hives better than that.

For that matter, though, supers on managed hives and warehouses are not examples
of natural conditions, and that was what I was using as a natural standard of
comparison.

allen

http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/
---
I couldn't find the remote control to the remote control. -- Steven Wright