From:
P-O Gustafsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 20:21:21 +0100
Roy Nettlebeck wrote:

> The only negetive thing that I found for me was the use of
> burr and brace comb. When they were ready for the winter , they had
> everything glued and waxed very well.The problem was in spring to get in
> and check the bees. It would take 30 minutes to an hour to clean things
> up so I could remove the frames. For a couple of hives , no problem.

Hi Roy,

I'm using Buckfasts in Sweden. We have many lines to choose from, some
of them produce more propolis than others. There are big differenses
between the different lines, you can not judge from the few lines you
probably?? have acces to in the US. And there is a continous progress
in the breeding programs going on in different countries. Buckfast to
me is not a specific race, more of an ongoing projekt to produce better
bees.

I have had Buckfasts that hardly used propolis or burrcomb at all.
Didn't need a hive tool when working them. And then there are others
that really like to glue it up. It's all up to the queen producers to
make the right selection.

regards

P-O Gustafsson