From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2015 12:57:41 -0400
> But this is merely a Virginia Ag Extension pamphlet. These are suggestions, not findings. An ag extension pamphlet does not carry the same weight as a major year-long study by MacArthur Fellow Dr. ReDisi, and his team.

Perhaps you should do a thorough review of the literature, as I have done. Traver and Fell have published extensively on their research with Nosema and honey bees, for many years. DeRisi is not a honey bee researcher at all. Since 2011 he has published nothing on bees, nosema, or anything remotely related to them. His focus is virology.

Here are a few of Traver & Fell's works

Traver, B. E., & Richard, D. (2015). A scientific note: Survey for Nosema spp. in preserved Apis spp. Brenna E. TRAVER,
Richard D. FELL Department of Entomology, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA Apidologie

Traver, Brenna E., and Richard D. Fell. "Prevalence and infection intensity of Nosema in honey bee (Apis mellifera L.) colonies in Virginia." Journal of invertebrate pathology 107.1 (2011): 43-49.

Traver, Brenna E., Matthew R. Williams, and Richard D. Fell. "Comparison of within hive sampling and seasonal activity of Nosema ceranae in honey bee colonies." Journal of invertebrate pathology 109.2 (2012): 187-193.

Traver, Brenna E., and Richard D. Fell. "Nosema ceranae in drone honey bees (Apis mellifera)." Journal of invertebrate pathology 107.3 (2011): 234-236.

Traver, Brenna E., and Richard D. Fell. "Low natural levels of Nosema ceranae in Apis mellifera queens." Journal of invertebrate pathology 110.3 (2012): 408-410.

Mulholland, Grace E., et al. "Individual variability of Nosema ceranae infections in Apis mellifera colonies." Insects 3.4 (2012): 1143-1155.

Rangel, J., Traver, B. E., Stevens, G., Howe, M., & Fell, R. D. (2013). Survey for Nosema spp. in Belize apiaries. Journal of Apicultural Research, 52(2), 62-66.