From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:57:52 -0600
Hello All,
Most people on the list know what I think about organic honey.

I can see a label which says this honey has been produced by use of organic
methods. One certification trip to a farm to look around does not mean to me
every drop of honey coming off the place can be certified organic honey.

I live in a rural area. Rural areas are dumping ground for toxic waste in
bags and many forms. They pulled around thirty power line leaking
transformers from a lake about thirty miles from here. Bees get water from
the lake.

>many beekeepers have not recognized that the natural and organic
food sections in most grocery stores including Wal-Mart and Target
are rapidly expanding and offers numerous opportunities for
beekeepers to get $5-$10 per pound for their honey.

It's really a money thing isn't it with organic honey?

Is your honey any better than mine? I know of two packers filling bottles
saying Raw honey with the same honey they sell to grocery stores. Until the
industry can police labels I say no to organic honey.

 Explain on your label you use no chemicals. Add a flyer around the neck.

So far not one beekeeper has been able to prove honey sold as organic/raw is
better than other honey sold in stores as far as health benefits says the
FDA.

Its all about money right?

Until you come on BEE-L saying all other honey is somehow dangerous for the
consumer then the thought of someone paying $5-10 for organic I find
ridiculous.

 It's all about the money for you guys and not  health. If I
really thought it was a public danger to myself I would not eat my honey
everyday and sell to my family & friends. has been tested many times and
always comes up clean.

I might pay $5-10 for a jar for yours if a testing certificate from a lab
saying the jar had tested clean for chemicals. I don't want a certificate
saying a lab checked one jar a year from your place.

Prove to me your honey is better. Talk is cheap!

Bob